Candy Apple Cookie Pops
- 9 pretzel sticks
- green fruit chew candies (such as Jolly Ranchers)
- 18 round sandwich cookies (such as Oreos)
- red meltable candy wafers
- vanilla frosting
- brown mini chocolate candies (such as M&Ms)
- Snap the tips of 9 pretzel sticks into 1/2- to 3/4-inch pieces and set them aside.
- Flatten several green fruit chew candies and snip them into 18 leaves, as shown. Shape the leftover candy into 18 mouths and set all the pieces aside.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Insert a popsicle stick into 18 round sandwich cookies by gently pressing each cookie between your fingers as you slide in the stick.
- Melt a 14-ounce bag of red meltable candy wafers in a microwave-safe container according to the package directions (do not overcook the wafers; the heat will cause the cookies to fall off the sticks when you dip them).
- Working in batches of five pops or less, dip each cookie pop into the melted candy until well coated, then transfer it to the parchment paper. Alternately, you can spoon and spread the candy onto the pops. If needed, reheat the candy wafers as you work.
- While the candy coating is still wet, add a pretzel stem and a fruit chew mouth and leaf to each pop as shown. Let the treats cool completely, then finish them by attaching brown mini chocolate candy eyes with vanilla frosting.
Thanks Family Fun for the Photo and Recipe!