- 3 to 4 overripe bananas (about 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1 box yellow or vanilla cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips or nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 1 standard loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork or mixer beaters.
- Add dry cake mix, eggs, and optional add-ins. Mix well.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes for mini loaves, or 40-45 minutes for large loaf, until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean.
Substitute 3 cups shredded zucchini for the bananas to make zucchini bread!