- 8 wheat tortillas
- 2 to 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (OR homemade recipe below)
- avocado for garnish (optional)
- 1/3 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the tortillas into wedges and spritz with olive oil, then spinkle each evenly with sea salt and pepper. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. (Or skip this step and use tortilla chips.)
- Meanwhile, whisk together the buffalo sauce ingredients in a medium bowl (or use store-bought buffalo sauce). If desired, reserve a tablespoon or two to drizzle over the nachos at the end. Add the shredded chicken to the bowl and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Place a layer of baked tortilla chips in the bottom of a baking dish, then top with some of the chicken, trying to place pieces of chicken on every chip. Sprinkle on some of the cheddar, Monterey, blue cheese, and green onions. Continue layering until chips and toppings are used up (probably 2 to 3 layers, depending on your baking dish).
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Top with chopped avocado or additional toppings, if desired. (See blog post for more ideas.)