Buffalo Chicken Dip
I’m amazed at all the Super Bowl parties this time of year. Even if you’re not into football, it’s a great excuse to get together with family and friends and create some to die for food. Men particularly go wild and snarf this plentiful Buffalo Chicken Dip, creamy, cheesy, and chunky, with chips or celery. Maybe you’re like me, and all you need is a spoon!
For purists, I have made this dip with Blue Cheese dressing instead of Ranch and it’s awesome. This one’s dedicated to my oldest son, Jeff, who drinks Ranch Dressing and loves wings. I love them too, but they are just so messy! I prefer to eat my food, not wear it, and Buffalo Chicken Dip includes all of the goodies he’s crazy for!
PLAY TIME BRONCO FANS: Before you jump in the huddle, preheat your oven to 375˚degrees. OK, now if you can count to 8 you will score a touchdown!
1. Chop or shred 4 chicken breasts. Combine with 12 ounces of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce.
2. Pour chicken hot sauce mixture into 9×13″ pan.
3. Heat 2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese with 1 (16-ounce) bottle of Ranch Dressing in a non-stick saucepan.
4. Pour the cream-cheese dressing mixture over chicken hot sauce layer.
5. Chop up 1/2 to 1 cup of celery. (I use more, loving the crunch.)
6. Sprinkle it over the cream cheese dressing layer and place in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
7. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of Buffalo Chicken Dip and return to oven for 20 more minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let hot dip set for 10 minutes before serving. Now team, go for the extra point, serve with a variety of chips…and to avoid double-dipping cut your celery stick to about 2-inches each. I wasn’t kidding about putting out spoons.
Now it’s time, grab your spoon and….GO BRONCOS! Have a great day.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 4 chicken breast, boneless, skinless (about 2 pounds), cooked and shredded or chopped
- 1 -12 ounce bottle Frank's Hot Sauce
- 2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 - 16 ounce bottle of Ranch Dressing (or blue cheese dressing if preferred)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese or a combo of both
- Preheat oven to 375˚ degrees. In a 13X9X2" pan , combine the chicken and the entire bottle of Frank's sauce, spreading, spreading to form an even layer. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream cheese and the entire bottle of Ranch dressing, stirring till smooth and hot. Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken mixture. Sprinkle the celery evenly over all. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Then add the shredded cheese and bake for another 20 minutes till bubbly. Don't let the top get too browned or it will be hardened.
- Remove and let stand for 10 minutes and serve with celery sticks and corn chips, or in my case, just a spoon! Enjoy and have a Happy Superbowl party.