Broiled Asparagus- makes a great side dish!
Asparagus is plentiful in April and May. It is also the cheapest then too. This is one of my favorite ways to prepare asparagus! It is easy, and makes a perfect side dish.
- A bunch of Asparagus
- 3 Teaspoons of Garlic Salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 TBLS Lemon Juice (optional)
- 1. Set your oven to Broil.
- 2. Spread your Aparagus on a Cookie Sheet
- 3. Shake Garlic salt over Asparagus
- 4. Drizzle the Olive Oil over the Asparagus
- 5. With your hands roll the Asparagus so each piece is covered evenly with the oil and salt. (and lemon juice, if desired).
- 6. Spread your Asparagus on the sheet evenly so that they are not overlapping.
- 7. Stick in your oven and Broil for about 5 minutes. (I would check every couple of minutes just to make sure they don't burn)