- 2 to 3 heads of fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 12-ounce package broccoli slaw
- 1 cup Craisins (about 5 ounces)
- 1 cup toasted salted sunflower seeds
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (5.3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Heaping 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Optional: If you are serving the salad the same day, you can blanch the broccoli pieces in salted, boiling water for about 1 minute, then drain and let dry on a clean towel. This will enhance the color and slightly soften the broccoli.
- Toss salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and chill for about an hour before serving, if possible.
In the dressing, you can use 1 cup mayonnaise instead of using 1/2 cup Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Also, rice vinegar or white wine vinegar are great substitutes for the red wine vinegar.