- 1 1/4 cup (cooked) rinsed black beans
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup honey
- 7 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- To prepare the batter:
- In a blender combine 1 1/4 cup rinsed black beans, 3 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp salt, 6 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- Blend until there are absolutely no lumps.
- In a bowl whip together 1/2 c honey and 7 tablespoons butter.
- Add 2 eggs and whip until smooth.
- Pour butter mixture into bean mixture and combine until it's nice and smooth
- Pour into cupcake liners (about 2/3 full) and bake at 325 degree for about 18 minutes.
- Let cool completely (overnight even).
- Frost and serve.
Make sure your batter is nice and smooth! And for an even better texture, let your cupcakes rest overnight! Enjoy this tasty flourless and non-processed sugar cupcake option! There are 5 eggs total in the recipe, but you’ll be dividing them up. AND use cooked black beans… not uncooked black beans!