Bird Nest Recipe
This Bird Nest Recipe is a favorite Easter treat and tradition at my house. There are several variations of this decorative treat but I think this one is one of the easiest! If you can make Rice Crispy Treats, you can make these! All it takes is 4 ingredients and about 20 minutes and you have a festive treat that kids and adults will love!
My favorite part of these treats is the salty sweet combination of these little nests, followed by a bite of chocolate egg or the fruity jelly bean. Use Whoppers Easter Eggs if you like a bit of chocolate or jelly beans for a fruity flair. They are both delicious and add an entirely different taste to the treat!
For some fun variations, you could add 1/2 cup of Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips in with the marshmallows and butter. I like to add 6-7 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and stir it into the mix after melting. If you like a slight peanut butter flavor, this is great!
These would be so cute sitting beside any serving of dessert at each person’s plate at Easter Dinner! Place one on top of cupcakes, or beside a place card on a flattened mini cupcake liner at each place setting for a nice Easter meal.
These tasty treats have been a tradition in our house for years. These are easy enough for the older kids to make or younger kids to help with! It is a fun tradition that the kids enjoy participating in plus it is a tasty treat!
Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan $6.28 (was $14.95)
- 12-Cup muffin pan
- Heavy-gauge construction provides even-heating performance
- This has a nonstick coating, easy to clean
- Perfect for making after school treats
- Safe to use in the dishwasher
Bird Nest Recipe
- 4 cups Chow Mein Noodles
- 3 cups Marshmallows
- ¼ cups Margarine Or Butter
- Candy Eggs or Jelly Beans
- Melt marshmallows and butter in the microwave at one minute intervals until melted.
- Stir in broken noodles quickly until coated.
- Butter your hands and place in muffin tin and indent with fingers into a nest-like shape. (Or you can form with your fingers).
- I transferred them to parchment paper or wax paper to harden.
- Place 2 or 3 candy eggs or jelly beans into the center.