- 1 pound fresh asparagus (thicker is better for roasting)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, if desired.
- Break off and discard the tough lower ends of the asparagus spears - they usually break naturally at about 2 inches from the bottom of spear.
- Place asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over all and roll the asparagus to coat. Season with salt and pepper, then roll the asparagus again to coat evenly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until asparagus is fork-tender. Serve and enjoy!