Citrus Honey Dressing
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice (about 1 large orange)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped basil
- 2/3 cups dry red quinoa, or other type quinoa (yields about 2 cups cooked)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (about 6 oz)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries (about 6 oz)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (about 6 oz)
- 1 cup slivered or sliced almonds (toasted, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- Cook quinoa in the water according to package instructions - to yield about 2 cups cooked quinoa. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients - orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, honey, mint, and basil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together the cooked and cooled quinoa, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, almonds, mint, and basil. Drizzle the citrus honey dressing over the salad and gently stir again. Serve.
Quinoa can be cooked in advance. This salad is best served the day it is made.