- 3 lbs. boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke (I like mesquite flavor)
- (1) 16 oz. bottle Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray (optional). Set the pork roast inside. Add the onions.
- In a separate bowl, wisk together BBQ sauce, liquid smoke and garlic. Pour over onions and pork.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours until pork is cooked through completely and shreds apart easily with a fork.
- While it's still warm, you can shred it with 2 forks by hand or use my favorite kitchen aid trick to do the work for you! Simply transfer the meat to a kitchen aid mixer and turn it on low for about 30 seconds. This should shred it nicely for you.
- Place the shredded pork back into the slow cooker and mix with the remaining juice/sauce.
- Serve on warm hamburger buns, tacos, or just eat it alone!