- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Maple Glaze (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Then whisk in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir the flour mixture into the milk mixture, just until combined. Don't over-mix; it is okay that the batter is lumpy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until edges are a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into squares and serve with maple glaze, syrup, fruit, whipped cream, or any of your favorite pancake toppings.
- For optional glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and syrup, until combined. Add milk until the glaze reaches your desired consistency, usually about 1 tablespoon.
Before baking, you can sprinkle on blueberries, bananas, chocolate chips, or whatever you like to have in your pancakes!