These Apple Fritters are so yummy and easy to make! The fresh apple goodness just melts in your mouth!
Starfrit Pro-Apple Peeler with bonus core slicer $12.19 (was $17)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons milk
- Measure and sift all dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs and milk together; slowly incorporating the dry ingredients.
- Add the chopped apples.
- In a heavy skillet on the stovetop, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop teaspoon full of apple-batter into hot oil and fry until golden brown in color- 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar or glaze below.
- Makes 12 small fritters.
- Make glaze by stirring milk and powdered sugar together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over apple fritters.
- Wait approximately 3 minutes for glaze to harden, then flip fritters and drizzle glaze over the other side.
- Best served warm.