- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars, until well blended. Mix in egg, vanilla, and lemon juice, blend until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to the large bowl and mix for about 45 seconds to combine. Don't overmix. Stir in chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula.
- Line air fryer basket with heavy duty foil, leaving space at the top and bottom edges of the basket for air flow. Scoop cookie dough into balls (38 grams or about 2 tablespoons) and place on foil, leaving 1 1/2 to 2 inches between cookie dough balls. Lightly press the cookie dough down to flatten the tops of the cookies.
- Air fry at 300° F for 6-8 minutes.
- Lift foil and cookies out of the air fryer. Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack for another 5-10 minutes of cooling. If you handle the cookies too soon, they will fall apart.