- 4 medium russet potatoes, washed, unpeeled
- ½ teaspoon oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lightly prick each potato several times with a fork. Make sure potatoes are dry first, then rub them with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange potatoes in the air fryer basket, with space between them.
- Cook at 400° for 40-45 minutes, until a knife can be inserted with little resistance.
- Transfer potatoes to a plate, use a knife to cut two slits, forming an X, in each potato. Press in at ends of each potato to push the inside up and out. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
Lightly oiling and salting the outside of the potatoes gives them these awesome, crisp, well-seasoned skins. I use avocado oil, but vegetable oil works well too!
Try some new flavors by adding something like garlic salt, garlic powder, rosemary, and/or parsley on the outside of the potatoes.