- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Juice of 3 large lemons
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 T lemon zest
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 T canola oil
- 6 T brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Very carefully cut your chicken breasts in half to make two thin pieces of chicken.
- Lay the pieces between two pieces of wax paper and pound with a meat mallet to make them about the same thickness all the way across. (Thin pieces of meat cook faster than thick pieces do).
- Combine the flour, paprika and sea salt in a cake or pie pan. Drop each chicken breast in the mixture and toss to coat completely.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large oven proof skillet. Drop each chicken breast in the oil and brown on both sides (should take only about four minutes). Remove chicken breasts and keep warm on a plate.
- Pour the lemon juice and chicken broth into the pan and stir to deglaze. Place the chicken back into the pan and sprinkle with the brown sugar and lemon zest. (If your pan isn't oven proof, use a casserole dish to finish baking the dish.)
- Bake for thirty minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165.