Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Blondies Recipe
A peanut-buttery cake-like treat that you don’t have to feel too bad about devouring! Since I prefer to cook the sweet potato in the oven, I have to plan ahead for that extra cooking time. Other than that, this recipe is simple, quick, and has some delicious nutrition!
Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Blondies
- 1 c whole wheat flour (Flour Coupons)
- 1 tsp baking powder (Baking Powder Coupons)
- 1 tsp sea salt (Salt Coupons)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (Baking Soda Coupons)
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, measured then melted (Butter Coupons)
- 1/2 c sugar (Sugar Coupons)
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten (Egg Coupons)
- 1 c peeled, cooked and mashed sweet potato (about 1 large potato)
- 2/3 c natural peanut butter (Peanut Butter Coupons)
- 2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- powdered sugar (optional)
Baking the Sweet Potato: I like to cook the sweet potato in the oven. (You can cook a sweet potato in the same ways that you cook a regular potato.) Clean the sweet potato, then pat dry. Wrap the potato in foil and prick all over with a fork. It’s a good idea to place the potato on a baking sheet to catch any drips. Bake at 425 for 40 – 60 minutes or until tender enough to be mashed easily with a fork.
Preheat oven to 350. Mist 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
In another medium bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Stir in beaten eggs, mashed sweet potato, peanut butter, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add flour mixture and stir well to combine.
Spread batter evenly in baking dish. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, until center looks done and a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into squares.
Slightly adapted from CleanEatingMag.com & Whitney Miller’s Modern Hospitality: Simple Recipes with Southern Charm