Money Saving Tips: Bartering
Do you need your tires rotated, your oil changed, your break pads changed, or anything else?
These services can be expensive, but if you know a mechanic, maybe you can strike a deal… BARTER!
What are you good at?
What can you offer the mechanic in return for doing work on your car?
- Perhaps you can agree to babysit his kids while he goes on a date with his wife for a few weekends.
- Maybe you or your husband work with computers and you can fix your mechanic’s computer in return for fixing your car.
- Maybe you have your own business and you can offer the mechanic goods from your business.
Exchange of services is a great principle for any type of service you need. Just trade something valuable you can do for something valuable you need. It’s great for both parties because neither has to pay money for something they need. Just make sure the terms are clear and both parties feel good about the value of the services they’re rendering in order to avoid hurt feelings or negative sentiments.
Have you ever bartered for services? Were you satisfied with the results?
- Read more money saving tips.
- Sign up for daily money saving tips.
- Find out why we are giving you a daily money saving tip and how else we are helping you save money in 2012!