Mexican Sour Cream Rice
I found this recipe and thought it would make a good addition to our nachos we were having for dinner.Â It was really easy to whip up, though I would cook the rice according to the directions on the package of rice, as mine says to cook for 15 minutes, not 20.Â It was perfect, and I don’t normally care for sour cream, but it wasn’t too predominant of a flavor, so pretty good!
Serves 6-8 for about $0.45/serving
- 1 Cup Uncooked Long Grain White Rice
- 1-14 Ounce Can Chicken Broth – ($0.68)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream – ($0.75)
- 1-4 Ounce Can Diced Green Chilies – ($0.33)
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar and Pepper Jack Cheese – ($1.00)
- 1 Can Whole Kernel Corn – ($0.78)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large pot, bring the rice and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.Â Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.