Melted Crayon Easter Eggs
Decorate Easter Eggs for Pennies!!
This year we are decorating Easter Eggs in a fun and crafty way. While I really enjoy dying eggs with the kids, this looked like so much fun that we just had to try it. Let me tell you, it WAS fun! At first I was a bit skeptical of the crayons melting so easily on the hot eggs, but they do; and the colors are so vibrant and bright! Check out this fun, easy, and FRUGAL way to decorate eggs with the kids this year.
What you’ll need:
- Eggs & Carton
- Tongs or something to move the hot eggs back to the carton
- Complementary Color Wheel (optional)
To get started, hard boil your eggs. To do this, I place the eggs in a pot and fill with water until covered, then bring the water to a boil on medium-high heat. Once the water is at a boil, set a timer for 13 minutes. After the 13 minutes, remove from heat. (I know there are a LOT of different ways to hard boil an egg, but this is what I’ve always done…so use the method that you like best! Still not sure? Check out this handy Egg Timer tool that Monica uses as her secret to a perfectly hard boiled egg!)
While the eggs are on the stove you can trim down the carton so the eggs can be decorated easily. It’s quick and simple…and very helpful once the coloring starts!
Ships Free with Amazon Prime (Try a FREE Membership)
- This would make the Easter eggs GLEAM! I’m ordering these for our next batch of eggs. I think I’ll have the cousins come over to do this craft just because I’m so excited to try it out again. 🙂
- See our favorite Amazon Deals!
- Want free shipping? Sign up for Amazon Mom!
- Because Amazon’s prices fluctuate so much and some times so quickly, please don’t be mad at me if you miss this great price! Also, see why we ♥ Amazon Prime for free shipping! This post contains our affiliate link. Please read our DISCLOSURE POLICY here.