Hercules on DVD and Blu-Ray
Save on DVD or Blu-Ray!
In this epic origin story, the mythical Greek hero Hercules – the son of Zeus, a half-god, half-man is blessed with extraordinary strength. Betrayed by his stepfather, the King, and exiled and sold into slavery because of a forbidden love, Hercules must use his formidable powers to fight his way back to his rightful kingdom. Through harrowing battles and gladiator-arena death matches, Hercules embarks on a legendary odyssey to overthrow the King and restore peace to the land.
Ships Free with Amazon Prime (Try a FREE Membership)
I Love the Prime Delivery!! They ship it before it releases, so it arrives at your door on the release day! No waiting in lines, no running to the store, just to find it sold out or having to deal with cranky employees. Just simple, day of delivery!
Nine Things about the Film “Hercules” [USA, 2014]
- This is a very interesting version of the Hercules legend. But you need to know, the legend has been reinvented. The trailer for the movie is kind of misleading. This is not the Hercules you are used to..
- The birth of Hercules, his childhood, and his legendary 12 labors are all pretty much done before the opening credits.
- In this movie, Hercules is really just a human mercenary, with a team of warriors helping him out. His nephew has the sole job of making up the legends of Hercules and spreading them around to give Hercules a badass reputation.
- It is set in a time when people are starting to doubt the existence of gods and magic, but still need something to believe in.
- This movie has some really impressive, epic battle scenes.
- Hercules’s companions are a diverse and entertaining group. Ian McShane is especially good as Amphiaraus, who does drugs and gets “visions from the gods”. Some of these visions come true, and some don’t.
- The movie does a good job of illustrating that some monsters you have to battle are psychological ones.
- There are a few moments that contradict the movie’s attempt to stay grounded in reality. That’s annoying. But there aren’t very many of them.
- If you want a movie full of gods and monsters, you will leave the theater angry. If you like to see military battles, and a reflection on how heroes are made, you may appreciate it. This movie is certainly smarter and more layered than most movies of this type.
Pre-order Price Guarantee
Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you’ll receive the lowest price.
You’ll get an email that looks like this:
- See our favorite Amazon Deals!
- Want free shipping? Sign up for Amazon Mom!
- Because Amazon’s prices fluctuate so much and some times so quickly, please don’t be mad at me if you miss this great price! Also, see why we ♥ Amazon Prime for free shipping! This post contains our affiliate link. Please read our DISCLOSURE POLICY here.