Girls Camp Craft Idea: Repurposed Chalkboards
If you’re looking for a quick and easy (and affordable) craft idea for youth, this is a great one!
All you need is old or outdated dishes, platters or pans… and you can easily turn them into a chalkboard! I found this platter on Easter Clearance and easily turned it into a chalkboard. You could also use cake pans, pie tins, platters, serving dishes and more! This would make for a great activity for teenager and tween girls! I’m thinking this would be a great activity for the Girls Camp that my church does for young women ages 12-17!
- An old pan, platter, cake pan etc
- Tape measurer
- Chalkboard Vinyl or Chalkboard paint (you can do it either way)
You can do this a couple different ways… but first you’ll need to measure the area that you want to use for the chalkboard.
Using chalkboard paint: edge off the dish with painters tape and tape around the area you want to paint. Then paint it, keep in mind you may need to use several coats of paint. Let dry completely.
Position the vinyl where you would like it and carefully peel off the non-stick backing, secure it into position by smoothing it out and rubbing out any of the air bubbles. It’s as simple as that!
This is a great way to repurpose or reuse something that is seasonal, or has a few scratches in the bottom of it. I really love these liquid chalk markers on these type of chalkboards!
8pcs Liquid Chalk Marker $8.99 (was $15.99)
Ships Free with Amazon Prime (Try a FREE Membership)
- These can be used for decorating and writing on glass, windows, board and all non-porous surfaces.
- The line width is 3mm
- Includes these colors: Yellow, Green, Red, Blue, White, Pink, Orange, and Purple
- See our favorite Amazon Deals!
- Want free shipping? Sign up for Amazon Mom!
- Because Amazon’s prices fluctuate so much and some times so quickly, please don’t be mad at me if you miss this great price! Also, see why we ♥ Amazon Prime for free shipping! This post contains our affiliate link. Please read our DISCLOSURE POLICY here.