Fabulessly Frugal Friday: Save an Extra $50 a Month Week 4
I told you about this Fabulous book by Robert G Allen, “Multiple Streams of Income.”In his book he highlights 50 Ways to Save $50 a Month. For the next few weeks on Fab Frug Friday we are going to share all 50 ways and give you our two cents about each one!
This is week 4, numbers 31-40.
If you missed our first week #1-10 check it out here!
Wanna catch up on week 2 #11-20?
Here is week 3 #21-30 .
31. Join a warehouse club.
We love Costco! I shopped there frequently before I couponed. I do not need to shop there much anymore. It is still great for furniture, electronics and gifts, but I save more on my groceries sticking to couponing and my PYP shopping list!
32. Scan those scanners and receipts, mistakes do happen.
When I shop I carefully watch the screen. There have been many times when a coupon has beeped but not actually affected my total. Sometimes you I have been double charged for items. Always pay attention and check your receipt because mistakes do happen!
33. Avoid pricey specialty stores.
34. Comparison shop “on-line.”
Perfect, I do not have to waste gas running all over town?
35. Gotta trunk? Buy in BULK.
We call this building your stockpile. When you find and item on a good price buy 3. If you find and item on a great price buy 10! You will save money in the long run if you do not have to pay full price for the item later. If you stockpile you will not have to run to the store and pay full price for a cake mix, because you will have 5 in your pantry when ever you need to bake a cake.
36. Premium gas for your car? Most run fine with out it. Check your manual to be sure.
37. Forget the words “automatic car wash”, do it yourself and get some fresh air.
It is also a great way to get a tan!
38. Use that quick-change oil and lube service on the corner instead of a full service garage.
If you have a DIY guy like I do you can just have him take care of it for even less!
39. Never pay extra for service contracts or extended warranties, the manufactures warranty is usually sufficient.
40. Cancel that premium channel you never watch, or cancel cable TV all together.
My husband always begs me to get cable when BSU football season approaches. Anyone what to have us over for the game when it is on ESPN? We really save money with out it, and we really do not need it. I grew up with it because my dad worked for the cable company and I really do not miss it much.
You can get your own FREE copy of “Multiple Streams of Income”