FAB FRUGAL FRIDAY: Tax Time Tips
I’ve told you before I am in no way an expert when it comes to financial matters. But I know the internet hosts a plethora of financial geniuses if you know where to look. As tax time nears, their advice could definitely come in handy.
Here are 20 of the best sites for tax tips:
- WalletPop: WalletPop shares advice for personal finance on their blog. This tax season, they’ve covered topics like 10 Crucial Tax Tips and what to do if you can’t afford your tax bill.
- SmartMoney: SmartMoney’s tax blog will help you take care of all your tax questions. You’ll find tips for freelancers, Swiss bank accounts, health care, and more.
- Bargaineering: On Bargaineering, you’ll find tips for your personal finance needs, including giveaways for TurboTax. In tax advice, you’ll find information about audit red flags and figuring out your tax bracket.
- Generation X Finance: Generation X Finance is written to help Gen X’ers stay on top of personal finance. Some of their latest tax advice includes avoiding tax audits and how you can get tax advice from the IRS.
- About Tax Planning: William Perez writes this blog as your tax planning guide. Check out his blog to learn about claiming dependents, IRS email scams, and your filing status.
- Taxbrain: Taxbrain features online tax tips and news. You can read the blog to find advice for online tax preparation, fast refunds, and e-filing. They might even help you find a pot of gold.
- Tax Break: Tax Break is written by TurboTax, and works to help you get the best refund possible. They cover foolish tax write-offs, filing for an extension, and tax scams to watch out for this year.
- Tax Resolution University: Check out the Tax Resolution University if your tax issues are a little more advanced than the Average Joe’s. This blog shares advice for tax negotiation, mediation, and frequently asked questions about tax problems.
- Mint: Mint shares personal finance news and advice to help you know your money and your life. Some of their tax topics include tax rules for investment and tax credits you shouldn’t miss.
- Kiplinger: Kiplinger offers trusted personal finance advice and business forecasts. Read this blog to find tax saving secrets, how to track your refund, and smart ways to use your tax refund.
- Consumerism Commentary: Read Consumerism Commentary for the latest in personal finance advice. You’ll find out about the home buyer tax credit, creative ways to pay taxes, and how accountants can help you save money.
- Taxgirl: Taxgirl believes that taxes are painful, so reading about them shouldn’t be. This blog offers the latest in tax news, as well as helpful hints for taking care of taxes.
- Bucks: The New York Times Bucks Blog will help you make the most of your money. Check out the blog to organize electronic documents and find tax benefits you may not know about.
- Don’t Mess With Taxes: Read Kay Bell’s blog to make your tax tasks less taxing. Find out why you should consider hiring a professional and the world’s strangest tax breaks.
- About Tax Time: About Tax Time will help you maximize your tax refund. It offers advice and answers to help file your taxes, including dealing with the 1040 Form and funding a health savings account.
- Tax Guru: Kerry Kerstetter helps just about everyone win the tax game. Read this blog for a humorous look at dealing with taxes.
- TaxMama’s TaxQuips: TaxMama offers daily audio clips and tax wisdom. Send your questions to her and get great advice for taking care of your taxes.
- Tax Rascal: Tax Rascal covers taxes, finances, politics, and beyond. Check out the blog to find out about business tax filing and a guide to filing late taxes.
- Our Taxing Times: Trish McIntire discusses the tax system and tax preparation. On her blog, you can find out about amping up tax preparation.
- Tax.com: Tax.com’s blog shares daily posts for the citizen taxpayer. Check out the blog to find IRS publications, advice, and much more.
Source: Career Overview.