eBay Coupon Policy Changes
Do you buy coupons on eBay?
We have not talked about buying coupons on eBay much lately. It seemed like every time we brought up the idea controversial conversation began! We are not much for controversy, so we have kind of avoided the subject. Our stance on eBay coupons has always been that eBay would not allow coupons to be sold online if there was a problem with it. eBay monitors their sellers pretty closely for suspicious activity. So we have never had a problem with buying coupons on eBay. We always check to make sure the coupons are listed in the coupon database so we know they are legitimate coupons before we make a purchase. But despite eBay’s watchful eye some people have been abusing the selling of coupons on eBay, so stricter guidelines have been put in place by eBay.
New eBay Coupon Seller Policies:
- Sellers can only sell up to a maximum of $100 value in coupons or 25 valid, unexpired, original coupons per month, whichever limit is reached first. (The 25 coupons limit includes multiple coupons purchased from a multi-quantity listing.)
- Coupons for “free” products—including coupons where the coupon holder buys some quantity of items at one price and gets some number of items for free, for example, “buy-get-one-free” offers, or offers for free shipping—may no longer be sold on eBay.
- Starting September 1, 2013, listings for these coupons that don’t comply with these policy changes will be removed. After September 1, listings in violation of this policy may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of buying and selling privileges and a suspension of your account.
What does this mean for you?
- If you like to buy coupons on eBay it is going to be more difficult for you to find coupons because the supply will be down due to the new restrictions.
- You will no longer be able to get BOGO coupons on eBay. It is good that they are taking off the free coupons because those are much harder to regulate. We never bought them or recommended that people buy free coupons because they do not show up in the coupon database. It is really hard to know if coupons for free products are legit if you don’t get them directly from the manufacturer.
How will you get more coupons now?
More places to find coupons…
- Manufacturers websites
- Manufacturers facebook pages (Facebook Coupons we have found, keep in mind they are while supplies last)
- Coupon Database
- All You Magazine
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again