How to Make No Sew Fleece Blankets and Scarves
Some of you will say it is way too early to start thinking about winter. While others such as myself say it is never too early. I love these no sew blankets and scarves. They make great Christmas gifts. I have donated over 100 of these blankets and scarves to the High School Band for their fundraisers. I make them in the school colors and parents love them. Football season works best to use for your fundraisers as it is getting cold and everyone loves to sport their school colors.
These are easy to make and no sewing skills are needed. If you can hold scissors and cut then this is your craft. I love to shop the sales at Jo-Annâs and usually will pay no more than $3.99 a yard for fleece. Sometimes if you check out their clearance or remnant racks you can find the best deals.
Once you find a solid color look for a contrasting printed fleece to make the cutest blankets and scarves. Your imagination can lead to endless creations and make a gift everyone will love. You could even make these to match and College or Professional team colors for those special gifts. Your kids can even help you and have fun also. I hope you have fun with this project. As Always Happy Crafting!
The picture above is how your corners will look after cutting them. The picture below is how a blanket will look once you have all your corners cut and the 1″ interval strips cut as well.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 yds fleece print
- 3 yds fleece solid
- Scissors or rotary cutter & mat
- Tape measure
TIP: Cut both layers of fleece at the same time.
1. From each piece of fleece, cut a 56″x70″ rectangle.
2. Place fleece rectangles wrong sides together.
3. Cut out one 7″ square from each corner of both fleece pieces.
4. To make the fringe, cut 7″ into fleece at 1″ intervals around all sides of both top and bottom.
5. Knot fringed pieces together around entire blanket, using 1 strand from the front fabric layer and 1 strand from the back fabric layer.
1. Cut strips to 10â€ wide by 3 Â½â€™ long. (you can make them longer if you wish)
2. Place fleece pieces wrong sides together.
3. Cut out 3â€ square from each corner of both pieces of fleece. (Make sure it is all 4 corners.
4. Make fringe by cutting 3â€ into fleece at 1â€ intervals around all sides (sides)
5. Knot fringed pieces together around the entire scarf, using 1 strand from the front fabric layer and 1 strand from the back fabric layer.
Use colors that contrast well, or school colors to use for a fundraiser (these sell well at football games in the fall)
â€œDonâ€™t forget to Pin this post on Pinterest, you can us the Pin it button above!â€
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again