Dinner on a Dime: Broccoli & Cheese Soup!
My husband and I are both in love with Subway’s Broccoli and Cheese Soup! However — I am not in love with the price for a small bowl of it! So I asked around for a great broccoli and cheese soup … after trying a few out, I picked my favorite! I love this recipe because it is quick, easy, and cheap.Â Also great forÂ when you are running low on meat items!
Ready to make dinner with me, on a dime of course?
Broccoli & Cheese Soup
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
2 Tablespoons Butter FREE
2 Cans of Chicken Broth $.98
1 Cup of milk (I used 2%) $.15
2 cups of chopped broccoli (or 1 frozen bag) $.44
1Â½Â cups shredded cheddar cheeseÂ $.49
1Â Onion $.27
2 Celery Stalks $.14
2 Carrots $.10
2 Tablespoons of Flour $.02
1. Saute carrots, onions, and celery with butter.
2. Once tender, mix the flour in.
3. Add both cans of chicken broth in.
4. Add your broccoli in, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Once your broccoli is tender, turn heat down. Add milk in. Make sure your soup is not boiling or your milk will curdle.
6. Add in your cheese and stir. I let mine cook on lower heat for about 15 minutes more. My husband’s soup must be thick or he will whine like a 2 year old, so I usually add a little corn starch water mixture after the cheese.
7. Serve it up! 🙂
Potato Rolls – $.99
TOTAL COST:Â $3.58
Make sure to hit the like/tweet button above if you like to see Dinner on the Dime Recipes! And don’t forget to PIN it on Pinterest! Have you checked out our other Dinner on a Dime Recipes?
If you have a great recipe you would like to see featured in our Dinner on a Dime Series â€” Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!