Walmart Debuts their Amazon Prime Competitor, Walmart+
UPDATE: Walmart+ has launched
Well, Amazon had better take a look around because there is about to be a new and major competitor to their Amazon Prime service. Walmart is entering the playing field in direct competition for Amazon’s Prime customers, with their new Walmart+ service. This subscription service will cost only $98 a year (vs $119 for Amazon Prime) and will include same-day delivery of groceries, discounts on fuel, and other perks. UPDATE: Due to debut in July, the retail giant has pushed back the live date of Walmart+ indefinitely!
Walmart+ is expected to include:
- Unlimited same-day delivery of groceries and other goods from Walmart Supercenters
- Reserved delivery slots and open-slot notifications
- Limited access to Walmart’s new Express two-hour delivery offering
- Discounts on fuel at Walmart gas stations
- Early access to some product deals
- Scan & Go service that would allow shoppers to check out in Walmart stores without waiting in line
- A Walmart+-branded credit card will also be introduced at some point
- Walmart also has plans to add video entertainment components to the program, though the details of this remain unclear
Walmart hopes their new program will be valuable enough that customers will pay $98 for it, while offering different enough perks from Amazon Prime so that there aren’t side-by-side comparisons. Shoppers will soon be able to decide for themselves.
One? or Both? What say you? Will you check it out?
Ready to save TIME and MONEY? Check out our Price Drop Alerts!
Get a text or email about the deals you want! Simply choose the brands and products you want to follow from our comprehensive list, then forget about it! We’ll send you a text or email when we find a smokin’ hot deal on the stuff YOU want! Learn more HERE!
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again