Couponing 101 Winner Plus NEW Giveaway!
Kristi and her husband are the parents of 3 beautiful kids. This is what she said about why she wanted to learn to coupon: I want to win this because I have been “attempting” to coupon for about 4 months now and I SUCK!!!! I am willing to learn and I really really need to do it because we live at about poverty level income wise so an opportunity like this would really be a blessing. I’m ready (finally) since I just subscribed to the statesman and I now receive multiple sunday papers. I made the investment and now I need to make good on it.
- Albertsons Northwest deals can be found at fabulesslyfrugal.com/category/albertsons
The Albertsons weekly ad match-up goes up Tuesday Evening, and double deals go up Thursday
- CVS deals can be found at fabulesslyfrugal.com/category/cvs
The CVS weekly ad match-up goes up Friday afternoon
- Fred Meyer deals can be found at fabulesslyfrugal.com/category/fred-meyer
The Fred Meyer weekly ad match-up is posted Saturday evening
- Kmart deals can be found at fabulesslyfrugal.com/category/kmart
The Kmart weekly ad match-up is posted Tuesday afternoon (unless they are running doubles all week, then Monday)
- Rite Aid deals can be found at fabulesslyfrugal.com/category/Rite-Aid
The Rite Aid weekly ad match-up is posted Friday afternoon
- Safeway deals can be found at fabulesslyfrugal.com/category/Safeway
The Safeway weekly ad match-up is posted Wednesday morning
- Smiths deals can be found at fabulesslyfrugal.com/category/Smiths
The Smiths weekly ad match-up is posted Wednesday afternoon
- Target deals can be found at fabulesslyfrugal.com/category/target
The Target weekly ad match-up is posted Sunday Morning
- Walgreens deals can be found at fabulesslyfrugal.com/category/walgreens
The Walgreens weekly ad match-up is posted Saturday
- Walmart deals can be found at fabulesslyfrugal.com/category/walmart
The Walmart weekly ad match-up is posted Monday evening
- Winco deals can be found at fabulesslyfrugal.com/category/winco
The Winco weekly ad match-up is posted Tuesday morning
I also shared with Kristi how I plan my shopping trips. If I’m going to do multiple transactions (such as at CVS, Walgreens, or Rite Aid, and sometimes Target) I always get the biggest “solid” reward (RR, Up, or EB) first (such as a $10 reward instead of a $5 or even (2) $5 rewards). Then I make my subsequent transactions add up to as close to the biggest reward in the fewest items as possible. Unless I know I’m going to be going to the store the next week, I try to walk out of the store with ZERO rewards in my pocket. Too many times have I not made it back to spend the reward, and that’s just money down the drain. If I do walk out with rewards, I don’t put them in my bag or even just toss them in my purse. I take the reward, fold them in half and put them with the cash in my wallet. We do a cash envelope system in our house, so I almost always pay in cash instead of swiping my debit card. If for some reas, on I don’t have cash, and I’m doing more than one transaction, I swipe my debit card once, and get enough cash back to pay for the following transactions. Stores are charged every time you swipe your card, so it saves them money to have you pull out cash in your first transaction. Not sliding my debit card on multiple transactions is one silent way I like to say “Thank You” to my stores for letting us use coupons!
Shopping at Rite Aid
Shopping at Rite Aid is different than Walgreens because you can “roll” your Ups. What that means is you can buy paper towels, get a reward, and turn right around and use that reward to buy more paper towels! You don’t have to worry about leap frogging your transactions like at Walgreens. It’s a super easy, they are very coupon friendly, and the drug store I recommend to “new” coupon users!
Kristi’s goal was to get items for her kiddo’s Easter baskets. She did 5 transactions. If she had been in a hurry, she could easily have put them all into one transaction, but her OOP (out of pocket) would have been higher.
Buy 4 M&M’s 2/$5 (they were clearly marked 2/$5 or individual price-so we had to buy in sets)
Use (2) $1/2 Mars Easter Products; M&M’s, M&M’s Minis, Minis Mix, 3 Musketeers, Twix Minis, Snickers Minis, Milk Way Minis, Dove Silky Smooth Eggs 3/4 RP
Pay $8 OOP
Receive 2 $1 Ups Rewards
Buy 6 Select Easter Candy and Novelty with Candy 2/$2
Use $2 Ups Rewards from T1
Pay $4 OOP
Receive (3) $1 Ups
Buy 2 Skittles or Starburst Fun Size 2/$3
Use $3 Ups from T2
Pay $0 OOP (keep in mind, that because tax varies so much from state to state, we don’t include that)
Receive $1 Ups
Buy 4 Peeps 12ct 2/$3
Use $1 Ups Reward from T3
Pay $5 OOP
Receive (2) $1 Ups
Buy 2 Purex UltraPacks BOGO Free ($5.99 each)
Buy 2 Mr. Clean Magic Erasers $2.50 each
Buy 2 Soft Scrub Cleaners $2.50 each
Use (2) $1/1Soft Scrub Total 3/11 RP
Use (2) $.50/1 Mr Clean Products 3/4 P&G
Use (2) $1/1 Purex Detergent, UltraPacks 03/11 RP
Use $2 Ups Rewards from T4
Pay $8.99 OOP
Total OOP: $25.99
Original Cost: $66.18
Total Savings: $40.19 or 60%!
Find all of this week’s Rite Aid Deals here!
Your Turn To Go Shopping With Me!
Next week I’m taking a lucky winner to either Fred Meyer, Walmart, Kmart, Walgreens, or Winco. YOUR Choice!
Check out Shontell’s Target Trip here!
Want to win?
- Must have been couponing for less than ONE YEAR
- Must be local to Boise, ID (or be willing to fly, drive, or swim here)
- Must be available to shop (without munchkins) either the evening of Sunday the 18th or sometime Monday the 19th!
- Maximum of 4 entries per person are allowed, and giveaway ends Midnight MST Thursday 3/15!
- Winner will be announced Friday morning, and will have 24 hours to respond. You can only win once! (sorry Shontell and Kristi!)
- Comments on the Facebook page will not be counted. All entries must be in the comments below. Each Entry must be submitted as separate comment.
- Winners are responsible for paying the OOP/Tax of all items (it’ll be less than $20 (unless you want to spend more) I promise!).
- Tell us what you hope learning to coupon will do for you/your family!
Trending Blog Posts
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like
to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again