This Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe is outrageous! It is incredibly moist and has a triple chocolate combination. Chocolate cake, chocolate chips and chocolate ganache on top! The chocolate ganache seeps into the chocolate zucchini cake for added goodness! If you have zucchini from your garden you have got to try this cake!
1/2 cup vegetable oil (or unsweetened apple sauce)
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk, yogurt or sour cream
2 1/2 cups Flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 1/2 to 3 cups shredded zucchini (about one 10-inch zucchini)
1 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate Ganache Topping:
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup chopped chocolate (semi-sweet or milk)
1. Lightly coat a 9″ x 13″ pan with baking spray. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, oil, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
3. Stir in the sour cream, yogurt or buttermilk alternately with the flour, starting and ending with the flour. Stir in the cocoa mixing until smooth. Finally, fold in the zucchini and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out evenly with a spatula. Bake the cake for 35 – 40 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a rack.
Chocolate Ganache Frosting Instructions:
1. Heat heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Stir constantly to avoid scorching.
2.Remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate chips. Wait 3-5 minutes then stir to combine until smooth. Ganache thickens as it cools.
3. While warm pour over cake and smooth with spatula. Allow frosting to set for about 30 minutes before serving.
At Fabulessly Frugal, our goal is to help you live HEALTHY, WEALTHY, and WISE! My team and I work hard to bring you the best, online deals, clean eating, DIY's, freezer meal recipes, and more! I LOVE coaching and inspiring people to improve their health in my fitness challenge! You should also check out my favorite cleanse! Learn more about me and the rest of my team.