Back to School Savings Tips
I do not want to admit it, but it really is time to get ready for back to school. I hate to see summer go. But I can’t keep fooling myself anymore into thinking summer won’t end because school is starting for many of us next week! So I put together some of my favorite back to school shopping trips to help you save.
Start Early and Shop the Sales:
We have been talking about Back to School deals at FabulesslyFrugal since early July because the most frugal strategy for Back to School Shopping is to start early and shop the sales. Savvy shoppers have been able to get free sharpies, .01 highlighters, .50 4 pk fancy pens (not the cheap ones), free erasers, 8 pk washable markers $0.08, 24 pk crayons $0.08, watercolors $0.08, 2 glue sticks $0.08, 500 ct printer paper for $2, $0.13 for notebooks and $0.50 protractors.
Find the Deals and Make a List:
You do not have to waste time scanning the ads to find the best deals each week. That is what the ladies of Fabulessly Frugal are here for! You can visit our Back to School Deals page to get access to the price point list so you know when you are getting a good deal. While you are there click on your favorite stores and make a quick shopping list of your favorite deals. Plus check out our weekly Back to School Shopping trips each Sunday night to see the best deals of the week. Did you see the dreaded Graphing Calculator on your shopping list? Before you go out and spend $100 on a graphing calculator, check with your school to see if they allow Graphic Calculator Apps. It’ll save you between $90 and $130!!
Procrastinators Can Save too:
If you have been too busy having fun this summer and have not been shopping all the great sales there is still hope for you. There will be two more more weeks of good sales until labor day. After labor day back to school shopping savings fizzle out. There are some great store savings programs to take advantage of.
Store Saving Programs:
- Staples: Will beat any advertised price by 10%! Plus look for freebies each week during back to school.
- Walmart: Saving Catcher Program. Submit your receipt online and Walmart will price match the current local ads for you and send you the difference in an e gift card. Learn more here.
- Office Max: Look for penny deals each week.
- Walgreens: Consistently has good deals for back to school especially if your student is in Jr High or High School.
- Shopko: Every week find Crayola Crayons and Elmers glue for only $0.50.
- Amazon Student: Students can get free shipping on thousands of items and save up to 90% on text books.
Maybe don’t have time to go to the store, don’t want to drag kids to the store or don’t want to spend gas on driving around? You can still save by shopping the amazon back to school deals. If you don’t want to battle the crowds in the store, you can still get a 5 pack of Highlighters just $0.99 a 2 Pack of Sharpies just $0.50 per pack or a pack for markers for $0.99! But you have to act fast because these deals do not last forever.
You can get some great clearance deals after Labor Day on back to school items. Beware that not all clearance prices are good deals. Take the Back to School Price Guide with you so you know if you are getting a good deal on clearance items. Clearance can be a good way to get school supplies for next year. Just make sure you are really getting a good deal. Clearance is a great way to buy school clothes. Shop ahead and buy summer clearance clothes for the early fall and late spring part of the school year. Then in January shop winter clearance for the next year and even part of the winter season. If you did not shop ahead for this winter you can still get some good clearance deals for the spring and fall so start planning head now.
The best strategy for saving on school clothes is the shop ahead clearance strategy I named above. But if you need to supplement the wardrobe with a few things right now here are some great ideas.
- Kohls: will have summer clearance the last two weeks of August, plus they often have % off coupons, free shipping codes and Kohl’s cash to stack with the sale prices. Bookmark our Kohl’s coupon codes page.
- Target: look for ways to stack sales at Target by using their mobile coupon app cartwheel.
- Amazon: Find great deals on clothing. You do not have to spend hours searching amazon for great deals. Just come visit us at FabulesslyFrugal and we will show you the best amazon deals. One of my recent finds was Sunuks for $36! They are $55 or more in the stores.
- Find more money saving tips for back to school clothes.
Students can get free shipping on thousands of items and save up to 80% on text books with Amazon Student.
Back to School Hairstyles:
Fun ideas for styling girls hair for back to school.
Save on School Lunches:
Fabulous ideas for saving money and making kids happy for school lunches.
Back to School Traditions:
Fun and memorable back to school tradition ideas.
Back to School Breakfast:
Tired of the same old boring breakfast ideas? We have more than 80 ideas to make breakfast a little more exciting and delicious. Great ideas for breakfasts on school mornings.
Trending Blog Posts