All American SUN OVEN Review
Christmas came early this year for me! Or at least that’s how I felt when I opened the box from SUN OVEN!
I first heard about the Sun Oven (and how badly she wants one) from my lovely neighbor last year. A short while later, I attended a preparedness class about cooking without power, and the Sun Oven was one of the stars! The ALL AMERICAN SUN OVEN definitely secured a place on my wish list.
I am so excited to introduce this product to you, and that SUN OVEN is going to give the Prepared Family Combo to one of you!
If you haven’t heard about the SUN OVEN before, here’s why it is so cool:
- Long-term way to cook and bake with FREE fuel – the power of the sun. Environmentally-friendly and designed to last for 20 years of daily use.
- Sun Oven consistently reaches temperatures of 360 to 400 degrees F. You can bake bread in it!
- You only need enough sun to cast a shadow in order for the Sun Oven to work – even on partly cloudy or cold winter days.
- Use it like a slow cooker, conventional oven, or dehydrator! Bake, boil, or steam. You can even pasteurize water in it!
- The even temperature and lack of air movement prevent burning and keep foods moist and delicious.
- Perfect for everyday use in your backyard, while camping, or in the event of a power failure.
Made in the USA too! SUN OVENS are the foremost and most effective solar cooking devices available anywhere in the world.
It was a nice sunny day today even though it is December, so I baked some chocolate chip oatmeal cookies in the sun! The temperature got up to about 300 degrees today and it worked great! If the temperature doesn’t get as hot as your conventional oven, the food will still cook well, it will just take a bit longer than normal.
I love that the ALL AMERICAN SUN OVEN features a spill-proof leveling rack, built-in thermometer, and includes an eCookbook. But mostly I love that it is FREE to use and that it does its job well. Pretty amazing!
The Prepared Family Combo includes everything you need for cooking, dehydrating, and pasteurizing water:
- One ALL AMERICAN SUN OVEN®
- One Cloudy Day Cube Stove and two Cloudy Day Fuel Disks
- Multi-Level Dehydrating & Baking Rack Set (set of 3 racks w/1 roll parchment paper)
- Two Easy Stack Pots w/interchangeable enamel and glass lids
- Multi-Fuel Water Pasteurizing Indicator (WAPI)
- Two Loaf Pans
- SUN OVEN® eCookbook & Emergency Preparedness CD featuring 600 recipes, hundreds of pictures, video clips and much more has been developed by Cook’n, the award winning and #1 best-selling recipe organizer