Albertsons Gift Card Deal
We discovered more details about the Albertsons Gift Card Deal!
This week at Albertsons… Buy $100 in Select Gift Cards Receive $20 Catalina to spend on your next visit.
Today I went to Albertsons to see if the Amazon gift cards would work with the new Albertsons gift card deal. THEY DID!!! Wahoo! It is like I am saving an extra 20% on all my amazon holiday shopping!
I thought I would share a few helpful tips:
1. Separate Transactions: If you buy $200 in gift cards you only get (1) $20 catalina! I had my transactions split and the cashier ran it this way. For some silly reason I did not have him fix it I thought maybe he knew something I didn’t. I should never assume. I went to customer service to see if they could get me the second catalina and they did not have the code to print one. Hopefully if you mess this up your store will have the code.
2. Avoid Card Rejection: If you do two transactions in a row that have the same total your credit/debit card will decline the second transaction. To avoid this I bought the $1 Turkey Bucks (holiday charity promo) every other transaction. Sometimes I have also alternated cards that I use to give more time in between transactions and that seems to work as well.
3. Double Dip: You can buy a Master card and use it to pay for a gift card. You do get charged a $5.95 activation fee, but you end up with $40 in catalinas for spending $105.95! When you use the master card to pay for the gift card it rings up at exactly $100 so there are no other out of pocket expenses on the second transaction! You can also use the mastercard to buy the gift card you really want even if it is not part of the catalina deal. In this case you make $20 catalina minus the $5.95 activation fee. Update: YMMV… Some reports are saying that it is against Albertsons store policy to buy a gift card with a gift card. So check with your store. I wish the stores were more consistent with policy. Some stores are letting you do this one others are not. Sorry folks.
4. Rachel Ray Dinnerware: Gift card purchases do not give you earn you any Rachel Ray dinnerware stamps. However I have not yet found out if you earn stamps when you pay for groceries with your catalina. I bet you do.
5. Free Turkey: You cannot get the free Turkey when you spend $100 on gift cards. In fact it did not even discount the turkey to the .59¢/lb. However you can use the catalina to pay for a Turkey and get it free that way, but you are still paying $1.49/lb for your turkey with the catalina.
6. Redeeming Catalinas: The catalinas are only good for 7 days and you can only use one per transaction.
7. Which cards are included? The gift card deal works on more than the gift cards posted. Confirmed gift cards are
Please share in the comments if you can confirm any other gift cards that are working on this promo!
Do you have any tips?
Can You confirm any other gift cards?
See all of this weeks Albertsons deals!
Trending Blog Posts