Adorable Owl Pumpkins
Clever way to Decorate a Pumpkin!
Pumpkins are one of my favorite things to use as decorations during the fall! My super crafty friend Gina made these owl pumpkins with her family for Halloween and when I saw these cuties I just had to share it with you! I love it for three main reasons (1) Ts a GREAT alternative to carving out pumpkins if you have little ones that won’t last through the entire process! You can have them help you with each step and it’ll be ready quickly. Or, if you have little ones that are allergic to pumpkin, this is a fun way to let them still be involved. (2) It’s also a great way to decorate the pumpkins and have them last all throughout the month of October. Typically, pumpkins carved out get moldy and needed to be discarded a few weeks afterwards…but these will last longer! (3) And my personal favorite…I love this idea is because after Halloween is over you can bake them and make a delicious treat!
These owl pumpkins are actually a super easy DIY Halloween decoration if you use the right stuff. 🙂
- One pumpkin for each member of your family
- REAL Sunflowers (I tried the fake ones… it just wasn’t happening)
- Black Spray Paint
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Leaves for ears (we used Aspen leaves)
- Washers (This type, not the kind you wash clothes or dishes in)
- Hot Glue Gun
Spray paint sunflowers black. After allowing to dry, attach washer “eyes” with hot glue. Attach ears, eyes, and beak to pumpkins with hot glue. Hold each in place until the glue dries and it’s solidly in place.
Don’t have the supplies, but still like this idea? Check out these fun ideas!!
Mr. Potato Head; Hero Costume – $9.99
Mr. Potato Head Witch Pumpkin – $9.97
Mr. Potato Head Baby Pirate – $13.99
Do you love the owl trend as much as I do?
- Vintage Owl Pendant Long Bronze Chain Necklace Clothes
- SODIAL- Vintage style colorful Owl charm necklace
- Crane EE-8189 FFP Crane Owl Humidifier, Brown, 1 Gallon
- Owl Watch w / Keychain Clip Pocket Watch
- Owl SnapOn Case FOR Apple IPHONE 4 4S Owl