$20 Shopping Contest!
Update: We’ve had multiple requests to have this start yesterday since some of you already did your shopping. Sorry for the oversight…we definitely want to let you be part of it! I have fixed the post. It still ends Sat. at midnight!
We’re having a contest to see who can make $20 go the furthest! The winner will be the person who gets the most for $20 this week, starting Sunday (yesterday) and ending Saturday night at midnight.
The final result will be measured based on the regular price of each item purchased to see whose items have the most monetary value. If we did it based on number of items, you could just go travel size crazy and make Target hate us forever!
The winner is whoever saves the most, not whoever buys the most items!
1. These must be items purchased at a store. You can’t count the free desk your neighbors gave you instead of having to haul it to Good Will themselves as being worth $150.00…lol!
2. The tax you pay is part of the $20. After all, it is money coming out of your budget!
3. If you get Catalinas or Gift Cards for your purchases, and don’t want to use them, we will subtract them from your oop amount. You do not have to spend them this week to make them count. So, if you end up spending $30 but have $10 in cats and/or gift cards, your final oop will be $20.
If you get something free other than cats or gift cards, like the Redbox rentals at Albies last week, or free popcorn for buying Avatar, it will be counted toward the value of your items, not subtracted from your oop total.
4. We’re not saying ALL you can spend this week is $20, that’s up to you. Just that only $20 worth of oop expenses will be counted toward the contest total.
5. Save your receipts so we can verify prices if necessary.
Here’s an example of how to calculate your savings:
Purchased: CapriSuns, 10 boxes
Regular Price: $2.99 ea
Paid oop: $1.79 (tax only)
Got 3 Free Redbox Rentals ($1.00 ea)
Total Saved: $32.90
Money left to spend: $18.21
At the end of the week, send us your photos and cost breakdowns of the items in your photo with the final savings and oop amounts.
For all that work, what do you win?
You get to take us shopping so we can learn a few tricks from you! Just kidding. You win COUPONS, of course! And some MAJOR BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!
If you have any questions, leave a comment so we can answer it for everyone! We’re excited to see how many different ways $20 can be stretched!