These are tasty wraps (I love the cranberry in them) that are a great alternative to sweet treats at a Christmas party or to snack on Christmas day.
- 1 16-ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 4 large (9- or 10-inch) spinach-flour tortillas or flat breads
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced Monterey Jack or American cheese
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 1/2 head green-leaf lettuce
- Red and yellow bell peppers
- cocktail onions, for garnish
- Spoon the cranberry sauce into a food processor and pulse it briefly.
- Then lay the tortillas or flat bread on a flat working surface and lightly spread them with mayonnaise (a rubber spatula comes in handy for this). Now your kids can top each tortilla with a layer each of cheese and turkey. (Tip: When stacking ingredients, leave an inch margin along the top of the tortilla. Roll the bread toward that edge to keep the filling from falling out.)
- Spread cranberry sauce on the turkey layers and cover them with lettuce. Snugly roll up the sandwiches, ending with the loose edges underneath.
- With a serrated knife, cut each roll-up into 1 1/4-inch-wide pinwheels and insert a toothpick to hold each one together.
- On a serving platter, arrange the pinwheels in rows to create a Christmas tree. Garnish with pepper-star ornaments (cut out with a small cookie cutter) and cocktail-onion lights.