- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl then slowly mix into the pumpkin mixture until batter is nice and smooth. Spread batter into a greased and floured cookie sheet or 13×10 pan depending on how think you want your bars to be. Sprinkle as many (I use about 1 cup) chocolate chips as you like on top of the batter.
3. Bake for 30 minutes. Let completely cool before frosting. Cut into bars.
To make the frosting:
Beat the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix until well combined. Stir in vanilla and mix well again. Spread on completely cooled pumpkin bars. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food Network