Asparagus can be expensive so if you find it for a good price, it’s worth freezing.
1. Wash your asparagus thoroughly.
2. Prepare an ice bath.
3. Cut the hard, dry ends off the asparagus spears.
4. Chop your asparagus in desired lengths.
5. Boil the asparagus for 2-4 minutes
[Small stalks=2 min, Medium stalks=3 min, and Large stalks=4 min]
6. Quickly remove from hot water and cool in ice bath.
7. After the asparagus is cooled, let dry on clean kitchen towels (or paper towels).
8. Put the asparagus into freezer containers or freezer bags (with the air pushed out of them) and label them for later consumption.
9. Freeze asparagus for 8-12 months. If you package in a FoodSaver your asparagus will stay fresh for 2-3 years in the freezer.