To replace 1 cup of butter use:
- 1 cup shortening plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7/8 cup vegetable oil plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7/8 cup lard plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup of applesauce and 1/2 cup of butter. (replace the entire cup with applesauce if you dont mind a more dense result).
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado and 1/2 cup butter. (use the same method as applesauce)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (With greek yogurt you will use about 1/2 the amout the recipe calls for butter).
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup prune puree
*For unsalted butter, use any of numbers 1-3 without the salt.
- Read more money saving tips..
- Find out why we are giving you a daily money saving tip and how else we are helping you save money in 2012!