My littles love this sweeter version of enchiladas because it’s not “picy” which makes it a regular at our house! Sometimes I sneak in corn, beans and even finely chopped bell peppers as well. It makes a great freezer meal too!
1 lb. Ground Beef (you can also use cooked shredded chicken)
1/2 Cup Onions, finely chopped
4 Tbsp. Honey
4 Tbsp. Lime Juice
1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1/2 Tbsp. Paprika
1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
1 10 oz. Can Red or Green Enchilada Sauce
1 Cup Heavy Cream
10 oz. Cheese, grated
Green onions or chives for garnish, (optional)
Tortillas (I like to use whole wheat :))
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 and spray pay lightly with cooking spray.
2. Brown ground beef and onions together in large skillet. Drain excess grease.
3. In a large bowl, combine cooked ground beef, onions, honey, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder.
4. Spoon the mixture into the tortillas. Roll them up and place the seam side down on the bottom of the pan.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the heavy cream and enchilada sauce. Pour over tortillas.
6. Spread the grated cheese evenly over the top and garnish with green onions/chives. (optional)
To bake immidiately
Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 min. Remove foil and bake an another 5 minutes until cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
After placing cheese on top, cover dish tightly with foil (I use two layers) and freeze for up to two months. To prepare after freezing, remove from freezer, let thaw completely then bake at 350 degrees for 20-35 minutes or until warmed all the way through.
At Fabulessly Frugal, our goal is to help you live HEALTHY, WEALTHY, and WISE! My team and I work hard to bring you the best, online deals, clean eating, DIY's, freezer meal recipes, and more! I LOVE coaching and inspiring people to improve their health in my fitness challenge! You should also check out my favorite cleanse! Learn more about me and the rest of my team.