The nice weather has my children making snow cones again like crazy. The syrup for these can be costly but my Mom used to make this when we were kids for a fraction of the price!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- (1) .22ounce unsweetened powder drink mix (kool-aid, etc.)
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to a boil and then immediately remove from heat.
- Don’t allow mixture to boil for longer than a minute or your syrup will be too thick.
- Allow to cool.
- Save in recycled bottle