Which foods are not good for freezing?
- Rice: must be under cooked and sometimes still turns out a little mushy. We usually do not cook rice ahead of time. It is easy to prepare when meal time comes.
- Noodles: must be under cooked and sometimes still turn out mushy.
- Potatoes: do not freeze raw potatoes they turn brown. Use frozen potatoes for meals like Funeral Potatoes, Sausage Hash and Ham and Cheese Potatoes. When making soups we find that is works well to precook potatoes. Again undercook to avoid mushiness.
- Cream Cheese: do not freeze
- Raw Eggs: do not freeze (cooked eggs freeze fine like in Breakfast Burritos.)
TIP: If your meat is frozen when it’s raw, you can cook it, and freeze it again.