Fabulous Coupon Tip Tuesday: How to Avoid Leaving the Store Without the Deal
Occasionally we get emails like this one below.
So I thought for this weeks Coupon Tip Tuesday post we might need a little reminder.
I don’t live near an Albertsons, so I have to specifically go out of my way to get to one. (Sorry, but yes, this is a grouchy e-mail.) The one on Cherry and Meridian is the closest though I’m about to give up couponing. I was wondering if you could give a shout out to fellow couponers to SHARE! I just got home from Albertsons with NOTHING. I couldn’t get the $20 of stuff we use because they were wiped out. I’m not usually so hot under the collar about such things, but they are always wiped out. Guess I’ll have to drive a little farther to a different Albertsons, but I work and don’t have to go Albie hopping. Anyway, it helps to vent after wasting 1 ½ hours of time not to mention gas to go across town to be disappointed yet again. Maybe you could give a friendly little reminder. Thanks so much! Susan, a very frustrated couponer.
Seven Ways to Avoid Leaving the Store Empty Handed
- Make an order of the items you really want or need a lot of. You can do this with your manager or at customer service. It can be done on the phone or in person.
- Get a rain check(s) for the item(s) out of stock. This can not be done for a catalina. It can be done only on the sale price.
- Choose another store! Some stores are overloaded with shoppers and are always going to get cleaned out. Some stores are within a demographic that has many coupon shoppers. Shop in the area of town that is low for this. It is always worth a few extra miles for a hassle free shopping trip.
- Don’t wait until the last day of the sale to shop, your store is likely to be out of the items you need!
- Find out your stores ordering schedule. Then shop on the days you know they will be stocked. Most stores receive shipments 3 times a week and it is always the same three days. Keep in mind the time of day the shipments come in too. So you don’t show up a few hours before it arrives.
- Don’t be afraid to ask if they have items in the back. Many times the store has just not had time to re-stock.
- Call right before you leave to see if your top 3 items are in stock. That will help you decide if it is worth a trip to the store. Try your three closest stores and choose the one that is stocked the best.
Feel free to add in the comments any tips you have to make the shopping trip worth while!
I hope everyone will remember to be considerate of other shoppers when making your coupon shopping trips! It is up to us (you and me) to give couponers a good name.