This pizza is soooo yummy! And I was so excited to learn about the crust! For $1.50, you can purchase some already made pizza dough back near the deli at Winco (or use thawed out Rhodes bread loaves and split in half). It makes a fabuless crust and is makes making homemade pizza sooo much easier (or try these homemade pizza crust recipes)!
So here is the recipe!
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
1 pizza crust (store bought or homemade)
2 c. mozzarella cheese
½ Red onion
2 Chicken breasts
1 c. BBQ Sauce
6 pizza crusts
12 c. mozzarella cheese
3 Red onions
12 Chicken breasts
6 c. BBQ Sauce
- Cook chicken and cut into small slices or shred.
- If you got a store bought dough let it warm to room temperature.
- Roll out your store bought or homemade pizza dough, or hand press onto foil pizza pan.
- Spread BBQ sauce over pizza, top with cheese, chicken, onion; and cilantro. Add a little more cheese on top.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and then with foil.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING
- It was super easy to take my pizza off the disposable foil pan and put it on my pizza stone. Bake @ 400 for 20 min (from frozen).
- I just loved it! When we prep the pizzas as as group, we each put our own together, as some don’t want cilantro (this makes it delish though!), or I’ll only put onions on half, and so on.
We ate half of it before I got a chance to take a picture.
Stay tuned next week for another recipe for Fabuless Freezer Meals!