By now you’ve probably seen something about a special TLC is going to air tonight on Extreme Couponing. Being a coupon blog and all, we thought we’d throw out a few thoughts:
1. If you don’t do anything while couponing you feel the need to defend (reasonably speaking…I do defend honest couponing to cashiers who are convinced we are committing fraud), don’t let negative stereotypes eat at you.
2. Clearly, this show is the most extreme couponing can get. Although we are afraid it might portray couponers in a bad light, it is the ultimate exaggeration of all coupon related stereotypes and we know better.
3. We are all for donating your excess, but at the same time, even if you donate a lot of what you get, please remember that there are people who would just like a few items to use for their own families. More people are hurting now for money and basic needs than I have seen in my lifetime, and we seriously encourage sharing and leaving some items on the shelf for others.
4. We have posted ideas before on coupon ethics, as well as tips to avoid leaving the store without your items. Here are the links if you missed them!
- Give Couponers A Good Name
- The Golden Rule Revisited
- Coupon Ethics
- Be Nice to Your Cashiers
- Avoid Leaving the Store Without the Deal
What are your thoughts?
Please be kind in your comments. We are anticipating differences of opinion but also wish to maintain a respectful tone. Thanks in advance!