DIY Spooky Spiders
This is the first Halloween my daughter will remember, so we are trying to up our game a little. Which, in all honesty, isn’t that hard, because we don’t really have that much Halloween game! So, we are making fun Halloween treats for the Trick or Treaters that come by, and some fun Halloween foods. Here are the Spooky Spiders we made together!
- 1 Red Tootsie Pops Sucker per spider
- Elmer’s Glue
- 4 Black Pipe Cleaners per spider
- 2 Googly Eyes per spider
Step 1: Wrap Pipe Cleaners around sucker.
FYI-It took me a few times to figure out the best way to do this.
- Line all four Pipe Cleaners up, and wrap one side around the sucker stem
- Then sort of fold the other half over so they make a V.
- Braid the legs around the sucker stem until they are the length you like. We made ours many different lengths, for variety.
Step 2: Make the Spider legs
- To make the spider legs, simply take your fingers and bend them.
- I used two fingers, but if you have small hands, you might need three, depending on how long you want the legs to be.
- They need to be bent at about a 45 degree angle from the legs.
Step 3: Add Eyes
Simply dab a bit of glue onto the Googly Eyes, and attach. Let sit until glue is dry.