1. Pick the size of cucumbers that you like, some people like tiny ones others slice the large ones to fit in the bottles.
2. Wash with a soft brush.
3. Remove stems and blossoms (if any)
4. Make into pickles immediately for best results.
You will need approximately 2 1/2 cups of brine per quart of pickles.
- 1 1/3 cup white vinegar, (5% solution)
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup salt, non-iodized (iodine makes pickles soft.)
1. Fill cleaned and sanitized quart jars with cucumbers.
2. Add per jar:
- 1 TBSP dill seed
- 1/8 tsp minced garlic
3. Add brine mixture to neck of bottle.
4. Clean rims and secure lids. Process immediately for best results, cucumbers that stand in brine without being processed become soft.
5. Steam can or use a boiling water bath for 10 minutes processing time.
HELP I have sooo many cucumbers. I need some new ideas, what do you do with your cucumbers?