You can dry fruits, vegetables, meats, herbs, flowers, pet treats, etc. Dry left over bread for bread crumbs. You can dry almost anything that contains water.
There are many benefits of drying food. Here are some:
- You are in control of the quality of food you eat.
- You will save money.
- You can take advantage of supermarket specials.
- You can create a tasty snack that is good for you.
- You can take advantage of your own garden by drying your fruits and vegetables to be used year-round.
How long can I store dried food?
A maximum storage time of one year is recommended for the best appearance and nutritional value. Vacuum packing greatly extends shelf life. Refrigeration or freezing will double or triple shelf life.
Amazon Bestselling Food Dehydrators:
(prices can fluctuate at any time)
- Nesco FD-75PR 700-Watt Food Dehydrator $59.99 + Free Shipping (save 25%)
- Nesco American Harvest FD-37 400-Watt Food Dehydrator $35.39 + Free Shipping (save 26%)
- Nesco/American Harvest FD-80 Square-Shaped Dehydrator $62.54 + Free Shipping (save 22%)
- Nesco American Harvest FD-61WHC Snackmaster Express Food Dehydrator All-In-One Kit with Jerky Gun $63.99 + Free Shipping (save 23%)
- Nesco American Harvest FD-1018P 1000-Watt Food Dehydrator Kit $130.27 + Free Shipping (save 31%)
- L’Equip 306200 500-Watt 6-Tray Food Dehydrator $119.99 + Free Shipping (save 8%)
- Excalibur 3900 Deluxe Series 9 Tray Food Dehydrator – Black $219.95 + Free Shipping (save 18%)