Dairy FREE, Egg FREE, & Wheat FREE Pumpkin Pie!
With my son allergic to dairy products & my mom allergic to eggs, it makes it very hard (impossible) to find a pie for Thanksgiving they can both share. I researched pie recipes a ton this year trying to find the perfect one. I was so excited when I found this one on allrecipes.com. I worried that the pie would be flavorless or not hold up after it was cooked. It was so great tasting! I am so pleased with this recipe! It is the perfect solution to our problem in finding a great pie to share as a family full of allergies! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons french vanilla soy creamer
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup french vanilla soy creamer
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Stir together all purpose gluten-free flour and 1 teaspoon salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil and soy creamer until creamy. Pour oil mixture into flour mixture, stir with fork until blended. Pat the crust into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven. Remove and set aside.
- Decrease oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place pumpkin, soy creamer, brown sugar, cornstarch, corn syrup, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and cloves in a mixer. Mix until combined. Pour into prebaked pie crust. Place foil around the edges of the pie crust and bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool pie on counter for 2 hours then refrigerate overnight before serving. Serves 8.