Get Ready for Cold & Flu Season!
Be Prepared for Cold & Flu Season!
(Although this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own! Check out my stay healthy tips!)
It’s that time of year again. Sure, it is an awesome time because of the fun holiday shopping, family time, and other holiday festivities. But it is also that time of year when people are getting sick! It seems like the cold and flu are running around all over my neighborhood right now! Are these illnesses going around in your area too?
Guess what? There’s an online map of the U.S. that shows you more about cold & flu conditions in your area – check out the Cold & Flu Finder! Cool, huh?
The fact of the matter is, no one wants to be sick. And for some people it is more than just a few awful days or an inconvenience. For some people, it really affects their health and could mean life or death. My son was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease earlier this year and if he gets the flu, he would probably end up in the ER. 🙁
My Stay Healthy Tips
Here are some things I do during this season to help my family stay healthy…
- Everyone needs to wash their hands well and often!
- Avoid being around people who are sick.
- Try to get as much good sleep each night as you can. (I know that can be difficult for parents of young children and for other reasons too!)
- Improve your overall health – eat well, exercise, drink lots of water, take supplements that actually work.
- Manage your stress. (We all know those holiday family gatherings can get a little stressful at times!)
- Use essential oils for immune support (and they are helpful for stress too!). I love On Guard and use it on my kids every day. You can email me for more info about that, if you want – email@example.com.
- If you are sick, try not to spread it to others. Karma, people. 😉
Note: We don’t do these things 100% all the time, but we still keep trying! And even though we’re not perfect at it, these things still make a big difference for us.
So even though we’ve improved with the tips above, I don’t think anyone can really totally prevent common winter sicknesses all the time. Right? There have been many days that I’m grateful for medicines! (Essential oils are awesome then too!)
These coupons will really come in handy for those times when you need it the most! Print all the ones that you like NOW. Then you can save yourself some time AND money, when you need to be taking care of sickies. Hey, maybe you can help out a neighbor if they come down with something by giving them a coupon or having some medicine on hand that they can borrow. 🙂
You’ve got this! Take steps and make an effort (like the tips I shared above) to prevent what you can. Then you just brave the cold & flu season feeling as prepared as you can and do your best with whatever happens!